Friday, February 10, 2012

How to Use my Mother's tools..... my way.

So growing up I was never considered very domestic.  I didn't enjoy being anywhere near the kitchen.....and had very little interest in my mom's crafting hobby.  Of course being older - and on my own for the last decade has forced somethings to change.  I can no longer stay out of the kitchen, and have found that I really enjoy certain aspects of cooking and baking.  No one was more surprised then me when my best friend got me a sewing machine for Christmas four years ago.  Unfortunately it didn't work out the way she had thought.  I have taken it out of the box, and used it twice (?)  and both times I sewed on cards.  The newest craze.  Crocheting.  But this girl isn't making dollies or afghans, I'm making jewelery.  I love making these!  I can do them anywhere, in the car or sitting on the couch watching T.V.  Which could be why, by the time I started going through my stock for craft fairs this year I realized I had about 40 of these made, and very few of anything else.  These are just a couple of examples.




Thanks to Miss Shelby for the beautiful pictures.  You can see more of her work at Shelbs Shoes.  Oh and just a warning, I'll be taking the rest of my photos, so they will not be this good, at least not until I figure out a way to convince Shelby to move out here!! 

Thanks for looking!